1. Turn your Smart Phone into a flashlight or signal light
I remember being abruptly awakened in the middle of a dark night by the thunderous roar and shaking of an earthquake. I instinctively covered my head with a pillow and waited out the next 60 seconds of terrifying tremors. When I dared to sit up and look out the window, the city was dark. The electricity had been knocked out.
What can you do if you are in this kind of situation?
Grab your smart phone and switch on your flashlight app, of course! Your trusty cell will give you amazing light to find your shoes, see if there is broken glass to avoid and to make your way down the hall to your children’s rooms.
Even if the disaster occurs during daylight, a flashlight can help you in a variety of situations such as looking under beds to find your whimpering dog or freaked out cat, peer into your Go Bag to find needed supplies, and if you have the right app, signaling for help if you are stuck inside (or outside) your house.
How to Prepare
Turn your smart phone into a vital survival tool by downloading a good app. I recommend two apps:
FOR MORE INFO: Go to Tiny Flashlight link
- Flashlight from camera flash
- Adjustable strobe light from camera flash
- SOS light signal using Morse Code to let others know you are in trouble
- Bright screen light for a broader light source
- Two flashing yellow warning lights from the screen
- Light bulb (picture) on your screen that can be adjusted for brilliance and color
- Full screen colored light that can be adjusted for brilliance and color
- Flashing screen of blue and red police lights
FOR MORE INFO: Go to Brightest Flashlight link
Please help me out: If you have an iPhone, please post some apps that can be used to turn your cell phone into a light or signal device.
Check back here for my continuing series: 10 Ways Your Cell Phone Can Save Your Life in a Disaster!